Shadow-8 Dual (T108SS)
Dual Actuators designed for a high power single chair, two chairs, two loveseats or a single couch
The Shadow-8 Dual Motion Actuator is designed for those who demand the very best. It adds an unbelievably accurate, powerful, and uniform tactile effect to all types of chairs and couches. For those home theater enthusiasts who require high power output and have the highest standards, the Shadow-8 Dual Motion System is a necessity.
The Shadow-8 performance remains true to the artistic content of movies and music. It delivers the low frequency content in an accurate, natural and powerful way.
The Shadow-8 Actuators can be installed by a person with no mechanical skill in less than 15 minutes. No modifications to furniture or flooring are required. The system easily interfaces with standard audio equipment using conventional audio signals.
The Shadow-8 Dual (T108SS) includes :
- 2 Shadow-8 Linear Actuators – The Shadow-8 Actuator is a patented electromagnetic motor specifically designed to deliver extraordinarily accurate low frequency motion to a wide range of furnishings. The Shadow-8 is part of the same family as the original TES100. The Shadow-8 shares the same famous quality and reliability but delivers improved performance especially when producing infrasonic frequencies (below 20Hz). The Shadow-8 has a new magnet structure with a vented center pole to allow air to move in and out more efficiently. The Shadow-8 also sports a new 8 ohm drive coil and an increased range of motion. The Actuator is constructed with the highest standards. From rare earth magnets to grained and anodized aluminum, the Shadow Actuator is pure quality.
- 2 Sorbothane Motion Isolators – The Motion Isolators dramatically reduce the amount of tactile motion transmitted to the floor and surrounding environment. They effectively isolate the tactile sensation to the couch or chair. The Motion Isolators are made of a high quality Sorbothane with fiber reinforced nylon end caps.
The Shadow-8 Dual (T108SS) requires:
- Amplifier – We highly recommend: the Crowson D501 Amplifier. Third party amplifiers may work to power the two (2) Shadow-8 Actuaors but require the addition of a Bass Management Pre-Amplifier. We recommend a DEDICATED amplifier that can produce 50 to 500 Watts per channel with an 8 ohm load. It is also useful to have volume or gain control and line level pass throughs.
- RCA Y adaptors and cables – RCA male-to-two female Y adaptors may be necessary if your amplifier does not feature line level pass throughs. Standard audio RCA cables can be used. In many cases a two channel cable can be separated to yield two mono RCA cables. (See installation manual for specific requirements.)
- Speaker wire – Standard audio speaker wire should be used to deliver power from the amplifier to the Shadow-8 Actuator. We recommend wire size 18 AWG or larger.